|The Commandments Ten|
This poem is from the ''My Testimony -- To Soar With Jesus Collection''. Written by Daryl Stout. (C) Copyright 1989, 2017 by Daryl Stout. All Rights Reserved. Any abuse or unauthorized usage of this poetry will be dealt with at The Judgment Before Jesus Christ. The ''Soar With Jesus'' Eagle Design was created and designed by Dale Larison, and it is used by permission.
Return To Top Of Page
Based on Exodus 20:3-17
Written By Daryl Stout
2) But of all of these Holy Laws, if you break just one,
The only way you'll be forgiven, is to accept God's Son.
Jesus Christ, The King Of Kings, died to save your soul,
To cleanse you from all of your sins, and to make you whole.
3) ''You'll put no gods before Me'', declares The Lord Of Hosts.
This means anything on Earth that you love the most.
Fancy cars, wealthy jobs, family, hobbies, home,
Which distracts the Lordship, that is His alone.
4) ''You'll not make graven images, or idols worshipped there''.
''You'll not bow down to these things, no matter when, or where''.
For, He, The Lord, a jealous God, His vengeance will repay,
To all those there, rejecting Him, on that Judgment Day.
5) ''You'll not take My Name in vain, for guiltless, you won't be''.
''For all will bow before My Throne, one day on bended knee''.
''To tell all of My Free Love Gift, the decision all must choose'';
''Or pray to Me, the Only Ways, My Name is to be used''.
6) ''The Sabbath is a Day of Rest, in Holiness Observe''.
''Six days you work throughout the week, earned wages you deserve''.
The Seventh Day, Hallowed by God, when Creations work was done.
The day Holy, Sanctified...and none should work, not one.
7) ''Your parents should be honored, from all your days since birth''.
''This will be so all your days, will be long upon the Earth''.
For those who hate their parents, with every living breath,
Their lives will end tragically, in untimely death.
8) ''You shall not murder'', says the Lord, ''in thought or in deed''.
As Cain killed Abel long ago, from jealously and greed.
The victims blood will be required, from the killers hand.
And in this sin before The Lord, you're not able there to stand.
9) ''You shall not make love to a spouse, who is not your own''.
God ordained the family; husband, wife, to lead the home.
Adultery there committed, brings heartache and despair.
And STD's and suffering, from perverted sex acts there.
10) ''You shall not steal'', declares The Lord, ''to take what's not your own''.
From someone elses assets, even to their home.
For the debt you will repay, one day before The Lord.
As His Word, The Bible, Cuts as a two edged sword.
11) ''You shall not lie in your speech, to whomever you may speak''.
Whether proud and haughty, or to gentle there, and meek.
For The Lord knows everything, your motives and your heart.
And, He knows all of your plans, before they even start.
12) ''You shall not covet anything, that someone else does own''
''Neither property, nor animals, or people in the home''.
For your property, you have there...control selfish desires.
For to whom is much given, much shall be required.
13) God's Standard is Perfection, no one on Earth can pay.
Just one sin committed, closes Heaven on Judgment Day.
If you will, in humility, repent of all your sin,
And ask Christ to be your Lord, to your heart, He will come in.
14) While God commands, He will not force, accepting of His Gift.
It's your choice if you want Christ, your burden, there to lift.
But, if yourself, there want to pay, for sins done by the score,
Suffering in the Lake Of Fire, will be yours forevermore.
Return To Top Of Page
Contact The Webmaster
Return To Website Homepage