|The Lord, He Made The Rules|
This poem is from the ''My Testimony -- To Soar With Jesus Collection''. Written by Daryl Stout. (C) Copyright 1989, 2017 by Daryl Stout. All Rights Reserved. Any abuse or unauthorized usage of this poetry will be dealt with at The Judgment Before Jesus Christ. The ''Soar With Jesus'' Eagle Design was created and designed by Dale Larison, and it is used by permission.
Return To Top Of Page
Written By Daryl Stout
2) The Lord, He made the rules for us, there for our own good.
If we would obey these rules, and do things that we should.
For consequences await there, when the rules are broken.
Because we chose to ignore, God's Words, that were spoken.
3) The Lord, He made the rules for life, in Eden's Garden Home.
Both Adam, and his helpmate Eve, the prohibition known.
''You may eat of everything, except for one tree there''.
When they broke that one rule given, judgment was not spared.
4) The Lord, He made the rules, commands, on Mount Sinai there.
His Ten Commandments, on tablets; to Moses, they were shared.
But, mankind couldn't keep them, and couldn't earn God's favor.
That is why God sent His Son, to be our Lord and Saviour.
5) The Lord, He made the rules to pay, when sin did occur.
Innocent blood must be shed, judgment there conferred.
Animals first, for many years, and then The Precious Lamb.
Jesus Christ, God's Only Son, who is the Great I Am.
6) The Lord, He made the rules, unchanged, down through many years.
He knew one day, He'd come to Earth, subject to the jeers.
Of throngs of rebellious souls, refused repentance cries.
He'd be scourged, and crucified, for our sins, to die.
7) The Lord, He made the rules, victorious, on Resurrection Morn.
All accepting Christ as Lord, would be again, reborn.
While sin nature still was there, in their flesh and face.
They were cleansed by Christ's Blood, now sinners saved by grace.
8) The Lord, He made the rules, that stand, there's no compromise.
For you can not fool the Lord, pull wool o'er His eyes.
Whether laws of nature, traffic, health, or of lifes sense.
If you break one of these rules, you'll pay the consequence.
9) The Lord, He made the rules; one day, these He will enforce.
Dependent on the path man took, in lifes Earthly course.
God's Standard is perfection, and no one can pay the fee.
Unless repenting, to The Cross, there on Calvary.
10) The Lord, He made the rules, so friend, before you now complain.
Of what is written in these poems, I didn't cause your pain.
These words here, were said long ago, by The Lord of Hosts.
Reject Him, friend...it's a choice, that you'll regret the most.
11) The Lord, He made the rules, you must, decide before you die.
You will, one day, before Him stand, there in Heaven's sky.
Will He, to Heaven welcome you, as one of His Own??
Or will He, damn you to torment, from His Righteous Throne??
Return To Top Of Page
Contact The Webmaster
Return To Website Homepage