|The Suffering Servant|
This poem is from the ''My Testimony -- To Soar With Jesus Collection''. Written by Daryl Stout. (C) Copyright 1989, 2017 by Daryl Stout. All Rights Reserved. Any abuse or unauthorized usage of this poetry will be dealt with at The Judgment Before Jesus Christ. The ''Soar With Jesus'' Eagle Design was created and designed by Dale Larison, and it is used by permission.
Return To Top Of Page
Based on Isaiah 53:1-12
Written By Daryl Stout
2) The Suffering Servant, The Lamb Of God; of all, rejected, despised.
A man of sorrows, acquainted with grief, our faces we hid from his eyes.
He bore our griefs, and carried our sorrows; believing that God cursed Him there.
But in our spiritual blindess therein, we couldn't see that He cared.
3) The Suffering Servant, The Lamb Of God; for all our sins, He was bruised.
And it was His Love, the Will of The Father, that this rough path Christ did choose.
Chastisement on Him, for peace to us, and by His stripes, we are healed.
And, it was through His Suffering and Death, God's Love to mankind was revealed.
4) The Suffering Servant, The Lamb Of God; on Him was all our sin laid.
With His Shed Blood, on that Cross there, was our sin debt there full paid.
All we like sheep, have turned to our ways; doing what's right in our eyes.
But, God's love, on Calvary that day, extended throughout heavens skies.
5) The Suffering Servant, The Lamb Of God; afflicted as well as oppressed.
He suffered in silence, as his accusers, tried to get Him to confess.
His mouth was not opened, just as the sheep, just before their wool is shorn.
For as a lamb, taken to slaughter, His Flesh for us, would be torn.
6) The Suffering Servant, The Lamb Of God; taken from judgment and jail.
Who shall declare his generation? And how will his life, there prevail?
For the transgression, of all the people, he was to be stricken that day;
But, through all this, He would become, to Heaven, the true, only way.
7) The Suffering Servant, The Lamb of God; his grave with the wicked was made.
Thieves on each side, as He there sufferered; and one of them, to Him, there prayed.
And then in death, with the rich buried, he'd spoken no guile or deceit.
The violence done, there on The Cross, nailing His Hands and His Feet.
8) The Suffering Servant, The Lamb Of God; for through all this, God was pleased.
God saw the sin offering made for mankind, the saved would bow on their knees.
His days now prolonged, and the Lord's Pleasure, would now prosper in his hand.
The Righteous Servant, redemption from sin, people there from many lands.
9) The Suffering Servant, The Lamb Of God; he interceded for all.
Bearing all sin they'd ever commit; on Jesus' Name, these would call.
Ascended in Glory, He'll soon return, to claim the Earth as His Own.
And, He will judge, everyones lives, one day from His Righteous Throne.
10) The Suffering Servant, The Lamb Of God; He is now Conquering King.
For all the saved, will at His Feet kneel, and praises forever there sing.
And, to all those, rejecting His Gift, instead they pursued sins desires.
He will condemn these, to suffer forever, there in The Lake Of Fire.
11) The Suffering Servant, The Lamb Of God; Messiah, The Lord, Jesus Christ.
Before the world slain, there in our place, to pay sins tremendous price.
Where you will go, the moment you die, depends on the choice that you choose.
Repent of your sin, make Christ your Lord, or will you His Gift there refuse?
Return To Top Of Page
Contact The Webmaster
Return To Website Homepage