This poem is from the ''My Testimony -- To Soar With Jesus Collection''. Written by Daryl Stout. (C) Copyright 1989, 2017 by Daryl Stout. All Rights Reserved. Any abuse or unauthorized usage of this poetry will be dealt with at The Judgment Before Jesus Christ. The ''Soar With Jesus'' Eagle Design was created and designed by Dale Larison, and it is used by permission.
Return To Top Of Page
Written By Daryl Stout
2) There is a risk with anything, it seems that's ever done.
From the morning sunrise there, to evenings setting sun.
And also in the overnight, the risks that one must take.
And consequences from the choices, that each one must make.
3) But the best known use of it, gamblings many things.
Potential for instant wealth, to you, this deal could bring.
"Just put a little money down, what harm there, can be had?"
Proponents speak of just good things, but ignore the bad.
4) Wagering on games of chance, or on various sports.
And even into lotteries, casinos of all sorts.
While there are a few who win, the majority who play,
Create conflict in their lives, spending all their pay.
5) There are those who will abstain, from this form of sin.
Others, they play casually...spend small, hope to win.
But, more gamble compulsively, cut by the sharp sword.
All of these take part, in what they can't afford.
6) The whole Earth belongs to God, and all the wealth therein.
We're just stewards of these things, accountable to Him.
For when we stand before Him there, our lives in judgment shown;
Nothing will escape His Glance, there before His Throne.
7) But the biggest gamble, that mankind does take.
Is their eternal destiny, a choice that all must make.
Hell or Heaven, the choice made, from ones life on Earth.
Did they repent here of their sin, and accept New Birth?
8) What does it profit anyone, who the whole world gains,
And yet, they forfeit Heaven, ignoring Jesus' Name.
Because they'd rather live in sin, ignoring their own soul.
Refusing to make Jesus Lord, to give Him all control.
9) On Mount Calvary, on that day, three crosses there, did stand.
Besides two thieves, Jesus Christ, God's Precious, Sinless Lamb.
One cursed Jesus...but the other, the paradise, was gained.
For He saw Christ's innocence, and called on Jesus' Name.
10) Just like repeated spending there, of the ticket cost.
Your works themselves won't save your soul from being eternally lost.
More likely struck by lightning there, than to the gambles win.
And if you gamble with your soul, you'll die in your sin.
11) Salvation can't be earned or bought, it is God's Free Gift.
Jesus wants to be your Lord, your sinful burdens lift.
For if the saints in Christ are wrong...at death, not much is lost.
But the unsaved, eternal fire...they couldn't pay sins cost.
Return To Top Of Page
Contact The Webmaster
Return To Website Homepage