|Without The Resurrection|
This poem is from the ''My Testimony -- To Soar With Jesus Collection''. Written by Daryl Stout. (C) Copyright 1989, 2017 by Daryl Stout. All Rights Reserved. Any abuse or unauthorized usage of this poetry will be dealt with at The Judgment Before Jesus Christ. The ''Soar With Jesus'' Eagle Design was created and designed by Dale Larison, and it is used by permission.
Return To Top Of Page
Based on I Corinthians 15:13-14
Words and Music By Daryl Stout
1. A Babe was born in Bethlehem, many years ago.
Looking like another birth, but what little did we know.
For God had come in human form in Jesus Christ to show
His Love to rebellious man, a Light in darkness glowed.
2. He lived a perfect, sinless life, never with the blame
Of doing evil thoughts and deeds this life would have man gain.
Serving God in holiness, humbled to the pain
He'd endure on the Cross for man's salvation gained.
3. We mocked Him, cursed Him bleeding there, laughing, full of scorn;
''The King of Kings'' hung from a Cross with a crown of thorns
Upon His head that looked so bad, ugly and forlorn,
That no man could look upon Him, and His friends stood there and mourned.
4. ''Forgive them, Father'' He cried out, ''for they know not what they do'';
For one by one, they all betrayed Him, first in the Upper Room.
And when He died, all alone, His Promises seemed doomed;
But Victory was won for all mankind, when Christ rose from the tomb!!
5. Death couldn't keep its hold on Christ, and neither could the grave.
For He Rose again that Easter morn in victory to proclaim.
For by His Life, His Blood shed there, the Resurrection gained
Salvation, free, for all mankind, the Gift of Love, His Name;
6. Jesus Christ, our Friend For Life, the Way, the Life, the Truth.
He paid the price for mankind's sins, both for me and you.
His Resurrection from the grave brought man life anew;
And He'll give you that new life today, if you'll just ask Him to.
7. His Birth and Life He lived on Earth were important things.
But it's for His Death and Resurrection that we praise and sing.
His Wondrous Love on that Cross, defeating death's huge sting,
In our place, Amazing Grace, did our redemption bring!!
8. As He arose Victorius, on that Easter morn;
We too, someday will rise like Him at the trumpet's horn.
Complete Redemption now at hand, with Him forevermore;
To praise and worship Him, come, let us all adore.
9. His Birth, His Life, His Death, would be like any other mans';
Except for the Glorious Resurection in line with God's Plan
To redeem mankind from Eternal Death, so we would not be damned;
Instead for us to be touched by His Nail Scarred Hands.
10. For it's the Resurrection that we celebrate and proclaim;
The Gospel is for all mankind, regardless of your name.
Accept Christ as your Lord today, and let Him your life change.
For with His Resurrection, we'll never be the same!! [REFRAIN]
Return To Top Of Page
Contact The Webmaster
Return To Website Homepage